Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Just a little about myself....

Hello, my name is Lolita Basdeo. I was born and grew up in Trinidad and Tobago. I spent eleven years of my life there before I moved to the United States in 2006. My family and I have been living in Orlando, Florida since then because it is the only state that has similar climate conditions. I am very family oriented and hold my traditional values close to my heart. I am the youngest of six children and I think is pretty unique and interesting.
   


I am currently 19 years old, and a sophomore here at University of Florida. I have always been interested in law, equality, and justice, so I am pursing a major in Criminology and Law. This interest became grounded because my father owned a restaurant and bar in Trinidad which was robbed three times and not a single person was caught. After my four years at the University of Florida I plan on going to law school although I do not want to be a lawyer. I then plan on working for law enforcement to gain some hands on experience for my dream job. With the knowledge and experience I hope to attain a career with the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).

 I must admit that I do not have much knowledge about any   kinds of drugs. I know the names of a few, for example: marijuana, cocaine, meth, and molly. If you were to ask me what these drugs entail I could not tell you. I my closest friends and I do not partake in such activities. All I know about drugs is that they are not good for you and that they can be very addictive. I am very excited to learn throughout this course about the different drugs and their effects on us. I think that it would be knowledgeable and wise to learn about the use of common drugs that are floating around me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment